We constantly strive to keep our course offerings up to date and relevant to the industry, so we aim to add new courses to our calendar several times a year! Our latest new workshop is Lean for Construction – A Practical Approach. We want to help you reduce costs, improve lead times, and foster collaboration by introducing key Lean concepts and how they can applied on a daily basis. Not sure what Lean for Construction is? Here’s a good overview.
Here’s what you’ll learn in our workshop:
A practical, jargon-free approach to Lean
Implement a culture of problem solving in 4 simple steps:
- Define value from your customer’s perspective
- Capture the current state: visually capture all activities required to bring the project from initiation to completion
- The importance of value-adding work
- How to capture the 8 types of waste
- Develop the plan: prioritize wastes for elimination
- Improve using Plan, Do, Check, Act: design and implement effective solutions
The resulting impact on costs, lead-time, quality, and culture
The importance of team work and collaboration
This course is taking place in Burnaby on December 12; you’ll also earn 7.5 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing and 1 Gold Seal Credit! You can register for this or any of our other upcoming courses here.