- This event has passed.
Cannabis in the Workplace (Breakfast Session) – Burnaby
November 14, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
What are the rights, responsibilities and risks to employers regarding cannabis in the workplace? What is the impact of recreational or medical use of this drug on your organization and for those in safety-sensitive positions? For medical use, how do you manage the duty to accommodate process? Do you have the appropriate policy framework in place to face related challenges?
- Learn more about the federal “Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations”.
- Understand that a “prescription” for cannabis does not give an employee the absolute right to use it in the workplace.
- Understand your rights when it comes to those in Safety-Sensitive positions.
- Discuss employee and employer obligations with regard to the use of cannabis.
- Recognize the rights, responsibilities and risks for both employers and employees to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Identify the various ways the use of cannabis impacts the employer-employee relationship, and what you can do about it.
- Identify what employers should be doing now to prepare for the pending legalization by reviewing their workplace drug and alcohol policies.
The pending and significant changes to the legal status of cannabis raise many questions and challenges for B.C. employers and line managers. This fast paced two-hour program is aimed to help you meet some of those challenges and answer questions around the use of cannabis in the workplace.
Pamela is a professional consultant, trainer and coach with over 25 years’ experience in Organizational and Leadership Performance within multi-national environments, both union and non-union.
Her professional background includes work as a senior HR Director with Lafarge North America where she was the key HR business partner for the Product Line General Managers (ready mix concrete, aggregates, cement manufacturing, asphalt, pave and construction) and leadership teams across Western Canada and the PNW US.
Pamela is proudly involved with the BC Trucking Association of which she is an Associate Board Member, the Canadian Fuels Association, Concrete BC, Concrete Alberta, Roofing Contractors Association, Canadian Association of Fleet Supervisors and the CEO & Executive Forums. Therefore being quite at home working with clients in the construction materials and road transportation sectors.
Sarkany is a Management and Human Resource Consulting firm dedicated to providing customized solutions for their business clients.