- This event has passed.
Communication Skills for Construction – Burnaby
May 6 @ 8:00 am - May 7 @ 4:30 pm
Great communication is essential for construction leaders! In this course, participants will learn how to improve their listening, speaking and writing skills. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how to communicate goals and strategies effectively, as well as lead collaborative decision making.
It will include two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
- Improve their writing skills: emails, texts, letters, RFIs and reports.
- Improve their listening skills: interpret body language, use reflective listening, deal with difficult people, and use good questioning skills.
- Improve their speaking skills: phone calls, meetings, small groups, and large groups presentations.
- Lead through vision casting and strategic focus.
- Learn the benefits of collaborative decision making and how best to lead leaders.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2 day course.
The course is designed for construction project managers, owners, estimators, and site supervisors.
What previous participants have said:
“Very good instructor, Well done. Made learning the info easy.”
“Instructor knows a lot and he was very patient.”