- This event has passed.
Communication Skills – Burnaby
January 31 @ 8:00 am - February 1 @ 4:30 pm
Participants will be able to identify and practice skills needed for effective communication and learn about barriers to communication. They will also learn about different communication styles and identify what their dominant style is as well as how to deal with people who have a different style of communication. The course material also provides insight about anger and how to manage it as well as help develop the skills required to supervise others.
The course will also cover the following:
- Effective Leadership through Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People, Conflict and Confrontation
- Assertive Training and Speaking Skills
- Communicating Motivation
- Communication through Body Language
- Managing a Good Impression to Clients
- Constructive Use of Anger and Persuasion Skills
- Anger and Conflict Management Skills
- Communicating Discipline and Termination
- Resolving Disputes through Communication
- How to Prepare for and Facilitate Meetings
- Communication through Writing Skills
- Drafting and Preparing Proper Reports and Correspondence
- Communicating Teamwork to Staff and Workers
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2 day course.