Lean for Construction – A Practical Approach – Burnaby
December 12 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Lack of materials brings construction to a halt. Excessive rework causes budget overruns. An unplanned equipment break-down causes critical delays. A contractor hunts for the most up to date drawings.
Each of these situations represent wasted effort and time that directly impacts a project’s cost, lead time, and quality. CITN is excited offer a full-day workshop aimed at introducing key Lean concepts and how they can be applied to improve these key metrics and create a culture of continuous improvement.
Participants will learn:
A practical, jargon-free approach to Lean
Implement a culture of problem solving in 4 simple steps:
- Define value from your customer’s perspective
- Capture the current state: visually capture all activities required to bring the project from initiation to completion
- The importance of value-adding work
- How to capture the 8 types of waste
- Develop the plan: prioritize wastes for elimination
- Improve using Plan, Do, Check, Act: design and implement effective solutions
The resulting impact on costs, lead-time, quality, and culture
The importance of team work and collaboration
Join us for this fun and interactive workshop that will highlight how simple, continuous change can have a big impact on project efficiency and team morale!