- This event has passed.
Project Planning and Cost Control – Burnaby
November 6, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 7, 2018 @ 4:30 pm
The course is designed to provide owners, managers, estimators, and field personnel with a general knowledge of the process of planning and controlling a project from beginning to end utilizing ways and means of monitoring, saving and controlling costs.
- Understanding the impact and methodology of construction cost control.
- Ways and means of minimizing and controlling costs on site.
- Project cost forecasting and accounting functions on site.
- Project planning and its purpose and effect on project cost control.
- How to communicate & assist management re: cost methods and control.
- Gain additional insight into the process of work and cost analysis.
- Cost reporting systems – new technology in monitoring costs and reports.
- Understanding the effect improper field reporting has on cost control. Maintaining and managing documents, material, tools and equipment.
- Understanding the Contract process from bidding to project close-out.
- Review of 100 companies and their methods in controlling & saving costs.
Instructor: Gerald Cree is a Gold-Seal certified construction management professional with over 30 years’ experience managing large-scale residential, commercial, industrial and environmental projects throughout Western Canada and the United States. His experience covers all aspects of construction management including ; design, development, estimation, project planning, tendering and procurement with additional expertise in civil, structural, electrical and mechanical disciplines. Throughout his career, Gerald has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to professional development and has successfully achieved certification in many areas, notably: Project Management Professional (PMP), Master of Project planning and Construction Law and is presently working towards his Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEEDS) certification.