- This event has passed.
Responsibilities of Joint Health & Safety Committees – Burnaby
August 16 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
On April 3, 2017, changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation regarding joint health and safety committees and worker health and safety representatives took effect. All new joint committee members selected on or after April 3, 2017 must receive eight hours of training. This course will help participants fulfill the new requirement.
- Know how to use the OHS Regulation and WC Act to access health & safety requirements;
- Explain the roles and functions of the Joint Committee and the Worker Representatives;
- Learn how to perform an incident investigation;
- Learn how to perform a formal site inspection; and
- Develop a foundation in knowledge to:
- Promote workplace health and safety
- Assist in ensuring the health and safety program elements are implemented;
- Conduct and participate in Joint Committee Meetings; and
- Work cooperatively to address workers’ health and safety concerns.
- Use of WorkSafe OHS Regulation;
- Joint Health and Safety committee and workers representatives;
- OHS Program;
- Safety Inspections;
- Incident investigations;
- Refusal of unsafe work;
- How to work as a committee;
- Different types of recommendations; and
- Hazard management.