Unnecessary project disruptions, cost increases and schedule delays can result from change orders not being managed well. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
Here are just a few things that participants will learn:
- How to identify changes from the original contract
- How to document the changes
- How to price changes fairly and realistically
- How to present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- How to understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- How to negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- How to understand the wording within commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- How to develop a change order process for a construction company
- How to issue a notice of dispute
- How to proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.