- This event has passed.
Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace: Employer Rights and Obligations – Breakfast Session
October 4, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
Drug and alcohol use has become an increasing issue in the workplace, especially given the prevalence of prescribed marijuana for medicinal reasons. How do you deal with an employee in a safety-sensitive role who has a medical marijuana licence? Are they still allowed to perform their safety sensitive job? If an employee with a licence says they need to use their marijuana at the workplace, how is this addressed? Are employees with medical marijuana licences exempt from drug testing?
• Drug and Alcohol Policies
• Testing for Drug and Alcohol Use
• Consequences for Testing Positive
• Pre-employment Situations
• Impaired at Work Situations
• Accommodation requirements for workers with drug and or alcohol addiction
• Suggested wording on Medical Marijuana to update company policies