- This event has passed.
Effective Implementation and Practical Applications of Infection Control During Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Healthcare Facilities – Burnaby
June 26, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Construction, renovation, and maintenance of health care facilities bring specific risks associated with potentially fatal infection and illness. The establishment of a thorough infection control system, along with the necessary procedures to ensure that current, relevant information is maintained, is critical to protecting patients, staff and visitors. Updated to include all the latest elements of the latest version of CSA Z317.13 – Infection Control During Construction, Renovation, and Maintenance of Health Care Facilities – this interactive and informative course features newly designed exercises and case studies.
Building on the foundation established by Fundamentals of Infection Control During Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Health Care Facilities, participants will gain insight into the latest developments and requirements of this critical field and acquire practical knowledge on how to apply the necessary measures to help control risk.
Selection and Handling of Construction Materials
- Review of new materials and equipment
- New requirements for handling and storage of moisture susceptible materials and HVAC equipment
- Water leaks and flooding
- Containment of dust and mould
- Maintenance of construction equipment
- Water system management
Infection Prevention and Control Measures Levels I – IV
- In-depth examination of the rewritten procedures for 2013 to be followed before, during and after construction in each of the four levels identified in Table I of the standards
- Examination of real life case studies
- Greenfield construction issues
- Quality management requirements
- Selection of maintenance of construction equipment
- Review of non-mandatory sections added to the standard in 2013
- Examples of construction details and surveillance
- Review of the roles and responsibilities of infection prevention and control professionals
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Review and understand all new components that have been added to the 2012 edition of the CSA Z317.13
- Identify and learn to implement effective procedures during construction, renovation and maintenance of health care facilities
- Practice real life application of the standard
- Engage in practical discussions around the appropriate actions to help mitigate risks and implement damage control procedures
- Learn how to apply innovative thinking in the field of infection prevention and control measure for new construction projects and/or significant additions
Who should attend?
- Construction Managers
- Architects and Design Engineers
- Commissioning Teams
Included with registration: Z317.13-12 Standard – Infection Control During Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Health Care Facilities (A $150 value)
Instructor: Mike Hickey – MF Hickey Consulting
*Note: This is Part 2 of an optional 2 Part course – Part 1: Fundamentals of Infection Control, and Part 2: Effective Implementation and Practical Applications of Infection Control. Part 1 will take place right before this course, on Tuesday, June 25, 2019.
If you would like to take both courses, please register for each course individually.