- This event has passed.
April 26, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
WorkSafeBC’s amendment to Bill 9 includes two major changes to the requirements for employer incident investigations. First, section 175 of the Act has been amended to require an employer to undertake a preliminary investigation within 48 hours of the incident. Second, section 176 of the Act is amended to require an employer to submit a full investigation report to WorkSafeBC within 30 days of an incident.
This course is designed to provide participants the required knowledge to understand the principle of incident investigations and the methods used to ensure an adequate investigation is completed. At the end of the session participants will have an understanding of the requirements for investigating incidents, the tools required to undertake an adequate investigation, methods involved in successful interviews, identifying incident causes and completing incident reports.
- The regulatory requirements to investigate Accidents/Incidents
- Why are we investigating Accidents/Incidents
- Who makes a good investigator
- How to gather evidence and information
- How to photograph a scene
- How to measure and diagram a scene
- How to conduct interviews
- What is the principle of Root Cause Analysis
- Developing recommendations for prevention
- Completing the Incident Report