- This event has passed.
Leading a High-Performance Team
July 21, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The ever increasing pace and complexity of today’s workplace is driving greater interdependence, making teamwork more important to organizational success by the day.
Participants will deepen their understanding of leadership, communication, motivation/engagement, team dynamics, delegation/empowerment.
Participants will learn proven, powerful and practical strategies and techniques they can apply the next day and will last a lifetime.
What participants will learn:
- The defining characteristics of a highly effective team
- The most common team pitfalls and how to avoid them
- The four essential dimensions of effective leadership
- The seven essential roles of the ‘knowledge worker” team leader
- Understand the vital difference between leadership and management and why they are both important
- How to create and sustain a high performance team culture as defined by customer focus, commitment, collaboration and creativity all in the spirit of continuous improvement
- How to obtain buy-in and develop commitment to implementing your ideas and overcome resistance to change in your organization
- How to ensure team accountability by facilitating clear performance expectations for the team
- Understanding group dynamics and how to develop team synergy (1 + 1 = 3)
- The four core components of a high performance team
- How to foster and sustain deep, non-protective and open team communication that prevents conflicts
- Best practices of effective and efficient team meetings
- Best practices for team problem-solving and decision-making
Instructor: Greg Campeau has delivered over 2400 presentations and workshops throughout North America providing strategies and solutions that support both personal and organizational success. He has established a client list that includes organizations like Finning, Lafarge, NHL Coaches Association, BC Hydro, Rogers Wireless, APEG BC, SNC Lavalin, Klohn Crippen Berger and many more.