- This event has passed.
Negotiation & Conflict Management Skills – Abbotsford
February 3, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Participants will improve their skills in communication and negotiation. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to de-escalate conflict, listen effectively, build mutual respect with others in a construction context and negotiate effectively.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic elements of communication and demonstrate effective communication skills with constructors.
• Understand motivation theory and apply motivational techniques to win trust and engage individuals/teams you work with.
• Identify different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately and negotiate effectively with each one.
• Understand the basics of negotiating, de-escalating conflict and setting the groundwork for effective negotiation.
• Ask effective questions and listen to others in order to get to the issues behind various negotiation intentions.
• Getting to a “yes” and closing a negotiation well.
The course is designed for construction owners, project managers, estimators, supervisors, and those involved in construction disputes.