- This event has passed.
The Nuts and Bolts of Builders’ Liens (Breakfast Session) – Burnaby
November 6, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am
- An overview of the Builders Lien Act, including a review of the holdback provisions
- The process for filing a claim of lien (who, what, where, when and how)
- The process for cancelling a claim of lien
- The process for enforcing a claim of lien
- Best practices and tips for maximizing potential recovery
Presenter: Seema Lal is a principal of SHK Law Corporation with particular expertise in the areas of builders liens and construction law. As a construction lawyer practicing in Vancouver for over 15 years, Seema’s clients include owners, developers, general contractors, subtrades, suppliers and design professionals.
Seema regularly lectures and provide seminars to industry groups both in-house and at various CLEs, including the Affinity Institute, the Pacific Business & Law Institute, the Canadian Construction Institute and the Canadian Credit Institute. She also is an adjunct lecturer in the Engineering Law and Contracts in Civil Engineering course for Civil Engineering students at UBC.
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
What previous participants have said:
“Easy to understand, very clear!”