- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: An Overview of Tendering Law
May 28, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
As a method of procurement, tendering can be fraught with risks. Errors in accepting or evaluating bids can result in legal liability on the part of the tendering authority. Errors in the bid submitted in response to an Invitation to Tender can result in legal liability on the part of the bidder. The law of tenders is complicated and constantly evolving as the courts and the construction industry adapt to new technology and evolving project delivery methods.
- Introduction to the law of tendering including an overview of:
- The difference between tenders and RFPs and other procurement methods
- The bidder’s obligations to the tendering authority
- The tendering authority’s obligations to the bidder
- Tendering case law update and discussion of recent decisions
- Practical tips and advice on key aspects of tendering
Presenter: Seema Lal is a principal of SHK Law Corporation with particular expertise in the areas of builders liens and construction law. As a construction lawyer practicing in Vancouver for over 15 years, Seema’s clients include owners, developers, general contractors, subtrades, suppliers and design professionals.
Seema regularly lectures and provide seminars to industry groups both in-house and at various CLEs, including the Affinity Institute, the Pacific Business & Law Institute, the Canadian Construction Institute and the Canadian Credit Institute. She also is an adjunct lecturer in the Engineering Law and Contracts in Civil Engineering course for Civil Engineering students at UBC.
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.