- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Mindless vs. Mindful Eating
March 31, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Mindfulness is about more than mental wellness; it also extends to our eating habits. Eating mindfully contributes to better overall health, while also removing judgement from the food and drink choices you make.
In this 1-hour interactive session we will discuss:
- What is mindful or intuitive eating?
- Who should eat mindfully?
- Basics of mindful eating
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain mindfulness and how it can be applied to eating.
- Reasons why we often eat mindlessly (i.e. busy, no lunch breaks, eating because of emotional/mental reasons rather than hunger, multitasking, relaxing with TV on etc)
- Consequences of mindless eating (i.e. not enjoying food, overeating, eating too fast, bloating, heart burn etc.)
- Benefits of mindful eating (reduced weight cycling, improved quality of life, improved overall health/mental health)
- How to shop mindfully
Presenter: Jessica Cochrane, Performance Dietitian, BSc. HNU, RD
Jessica is a Registered Dietitian (RD) with extensive experience including clinical work for Fraser Health’s nutritional services, as well as sport nutrition expertise obtained while consulting for recreational athletes and sports teams. By using her clinical skill set and passion for food and sport, Jessica is able to assess each client’s unique needs and provide a tailored dietary plan to help fuel performance, enabling the individual to over come the barriers themselves and their health goals.
Webinar Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)